"WHEN A NOVEL CAPTURES YOU—when you are entranced enough to stay up late reading and then dream your way into the story after you fall asleep—it’s usually due to that mysterious writer’s alchemy of plot, pacing, prose, and character. You can’t stop wondering what’s going to happen next, so you can’t stop turning the pages. Some writers have the ability to make every character, even the most minor background player, come alive, adding a visceral level to the reading experience. In Reincarnation, Belinda Vasquez Garcia breathes life into the people of Madrid, New Mexico, in the 1920s and ‘30s, in the days before the mine shut down, when members of the Penitente brotherhood held sway over public opinion and policy and witches were a dark force to be feared by even the most devout Catholic.”—Santa Fe New Mexican Pasa Tiempo Magazine 7/27th issue - read the full review here (spoiler alert!)
- "Garcia fascinates readers with her literary magic."—Las Cruces Bulletin - read the full article here
- "Reincarnation brings history and magic to life."—Albuquerque The Magazine August issue - page 1, page 2, page 3
- “A fabulous story packed with detail that feels both fresh and authentic."--Kirkus Reviews - read the full article (spoiler alert!)
- "Family deaths, romance, and conflict come to a head in this first book of a powerful trilogy that holds all the elements of gripping supernatural fiction at its finest."--California Bookwatch 3rd down
- "Reincarnation" is a strong addition to fiction collections with religious tones."-- Reviewer's Bookwatch 8 down
- Chosen by ABQ Arts and Entertainment for their Selected Summer Reading For Lovers of New Mexico list.
- Mentioned in the Alibi Newspaper as having one of the best first lines of a book.
- Read the Press Release (spoiler alert!)